Saturday, December 29, 2012

Rhi2YouCreations Jewelry

Hello everyone! I hope ya'll are having a wonderful holiday season, and want to thank ya'll for stopping by!
Today we are featuring Rhiannon from Rhi2YouCreations on Etsy. I was intrigued by in her intricate designs and philanthropy.

Welcome to handmade in SA, Rhiannon!

Blue Pearl Necklace
HSA: Can you tell us a little about yourself and your business? Where are you from? Where can your items be purchased?
    My name is Rhiannon Elise, I'm 21 years old and I'm from San Antonio.  As of right now, the only place my items can be viewed and purchased is at http://www.etsy.com/people/Rhi2YouCreations.  



Shades of Pink
I am in the middle of making a new bracelet line, so check back often for new items! 


HSA: How long have you been making jewelry? Who taught you/how did you learn?

  I have been dabbling in jewelry for a little over two years now.  It started as a way to spend time with my Nana (my grandmother), but my obsession for shiny things took over and soon my spare room was full of everything needed to start a small jewelry factory.  As frustrating as it sometimes may be, I don't regret any of the tedious hours spent at Mica's, Cartwheel's, and Bead Boys learning new things.  It has really brought my Nana and I closer, and made handmade gifts a new found treasure in my eyes.

HSA: Why did you decide to sell your items? 
  Ironically, I rarely wear jewelry so I started selling items on etsy to help me pay for college. It's also a great way to show people that handmade gifts are much more thought filled and unique than big name chain stores items.


HSA: What has been your favorite piece to make?
 My favorite piece I've made is my pink pearl & mask charm necklace.  It wasn't made for anyone in particular, but all my jewelry is inspired by people in my life or places I've been, and in this case my trips to New Orleans.  New Orleans is always buzzing with color and interesting things, so I made something unique and vibrant to remind me of the city. 

 HSA: Tell us a little about how you give back to charity and why.  
 Whenever someone makes a purchase from me I will donate 10% to either Operation Smile, The Cancer Research Foundation, or various autism charities. These are all areas that hit close to home for me and with more support and purchases I hope to increase the percent I can donate.  


HSA: Just for fun, what is your favorite food? Favorite local item/restaurant/store?  San Antonio is so full of great stores and restaurants  it's hard to answer that!  I love all things food, especially Asian cuisine, but hands down Bombay Hall near the medical center has NEVER disappointed.  It is an Indian buffet that you just have to try!   My favorite store would have to be Cartwheel's in Boerne or Mica's on the city's north side.  Swarovski crystals are my favorite to work with and they have an endless array of colors and sizes!   
Please remember to shop local, support handmade, and enjoy the beauty around you!  A million thank you's!  Xoxo Rhiannon 
 
Thank you for stopping by! 

2 comments:

  1. love the shades of green necklace, reminds me of oysters for some reason :D


    -Gita
    mimiandchichi.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love the blue pearl and the pink necklace!

    ReplyDelete